Date(s) - 05/05/2021
11:00 am-12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
free, online, practical music training sessions for home and frontline carers of people living with dementia. These are funded by the NHS through the Ageing Well Partnership (BHCC).
These sessions are for you if you are a carer of someone living with dementia and would like to use music to support you in your caring role. No previous musical experience is needed.
Next dates and themes:
- Repertoire and activities – Thursday 11th February 2.30-3.30pm
- Communication beyond words – Wednesday 17th March 11am-12pm
The training aims to:
- Help you use music as a tool for connection with people living with dementia
- Increase your confidence to make music for fun, wellbeing and mindfulness
- Build your resilience to support your role as carer during the pandemic and beyond
- Help you explore the ways that sound aids non-verbal communication
- Provide opportunities to become an Open Strings Music Champion and link in with other carers to share skills and resources
Previous participants on this training have said:
- It was perfect – tailored to our specific home’s needs and the lives and experiences of our residents. Thank you. Very inspiring and liberating training
- I liked the lack of need for musical expertise, and instead the emphasis being on play. Lots of food for thought. Thank you.
- That was really great! That’s energised me for the whole day! I feel more alive!
You will need to be able to access Zoom to attend these sessions.
Please contact us to discuss the training, or book on Eventbrite: