Date(s) - 07/05/2019
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Running in conjunction with Preston Park Recovery Centre, this is a seven-week strings for mental health programme available for free to anyone registered with the centre. To check eligibility, please call into Reception or phone 01273 565049.
The sessions are suitable for complete beginners as well as people who are more experienced. All instruments are provided.
Over the course of this hands-on seven-week programme, attendees will:
• get to know each type of instrument: violin, viola & cello
• learn the basics of string playing
• play pizzicato and with the bow
• play in small and large groups to create music together
• experience the versatility of these beautiful instruments
• explore listening and improvisation pieces in a safe and enjoyable environment